Re: Emergency Situation with Rollback Restore

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 18:15:52 GMT

I don't know if I already replied to this post or not, but anyway... I was under the impression that you could just drop the tablespace and corresponding datafiles and re-create the RBS tablespace, but according to "Oracle7: Backup & Recovery Student Guide" it states on chapter 6-16: If the datafile is in the SYSTEM or rollback segment tablespace, you must restore the entire database to your most recent full backup. The database will now contain data as of the time you took your full backup.

Sorry...for future reference, every production database should use ARCHIVELOG mode as part of the backup strategy.

Satar

In article <71u4i3$bch$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   matthew_at_mattshouse.com wrote:
> It was not backed up in Archive Log mode. What can I do?
>
> Matthew

Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions
(949) 756-0588