Re: Move Oracle NT to different drive!

From: Joe Brown <joe_at_hopi.dtcc.edu>
Date: 6 Nov 1998 17:43:21 GMT

Oops: forgot to mention control files...

do
alter database backup controfile
(to text) before adding the drive...
(good idea to have a backup of this file anyway...)

Don't forget to update the initSID.ora (initorcl.ora) and set the new location of the control files, if they changed, also.

--
(: Joe Brown :) joe_at_apache.dtcc.edu I believe Wine is going to be great if it ever gets finished. . . I believe Linux _is_ great even though it's not finished! ! ! I believe you have my address. :-) Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 11:43:21 CST