Re: Sizing of AIX Server for Oracle Database - please help

From: Steve Lemme <steve.lemme_at_platinum.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 08:48:42 -0600

Usually you need to start with initial size, then expected data to give you an idea of the type of system to architect. I/O is very important in larger systems as well as backup. Have worked with DEC, HP amd IBM systems in the past and happen to currently prefer HP for larger Oracle implementations.

Steve Lemme
Systems Architect