Re: Lock and latch

From: Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 22:47:19 +0800

A latch is very similar with handler. When you request disk write, memory allocation, redo log allocation, ....etc., your server process will poll for a specific latch for your request. I think it is much simple for you.

--
Best Regards,

Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Certified Oracle 7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 08:47:19 CST