Re: How can I create a new oracle database?

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nisoft.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:19:20 +0000

In article <71ta43$kkg$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, goku143_at_usa.net writes
>Im new at Oracle, how can I create a new oracle database ? How can I connect
>to an oracle server using visual basic or any visual tools?

Dear goku143 (I am a name, not a number?)

  1. See the 'Getting started' book that comes with Oracle server. There are various chapters on the starter database, migrating an older database and creating a new instance.
  2. IMHO - don't use VB. It's all very pretty and all that, but Delphi is just as pretty and has much better drivers for Oracle. -- Tim Shute Software Engineering Manager

NiSoft (UK) Limited
Unit 8, 31 Ballynahinch Road, Carryduff, BELFAST BT8 8EH Tel: +44 (0) 1232 814121, Fax: +44 (0) 1232 813962 email: tshute_at_nisoft.co.uk
Internet: www.nisoft.co.uk Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 03:19:20 CST