Orcale SQl*NET listener hang

From: <dawu_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 08:56:36 GMT

To all who can help....

We're running the SQL*Net 2.3 listener on our AIX machines. In recent weeks, the listener has been "hanging" quite often. Since we have not identified the source of the problem, we have had to kill the OS process and restart the listener.

We have experienced this "hanging" listener problem for too long and have had no resolution from either the network or UNIX groups at Oracle support. Can anyone suggest potential sources of the problem or workarounds? When the listener hangs, no users can connect to the instance. In addition, I cannot even do a "status" from lsnrctl.

Lu Da Wu