Query problem

From: Matt Lieber <lieber_at_ilog.com>
Date: 1998/11/05

Hi,

I make a query on my database that returns the expected result, except that some value are duplicated (although the row is unique). e.g.:

name                             x           y           card

-------------------------------- ----------- ----------- -------------------
-------------
Berkshire 48 160 C1 Berkshire 48 160 C2 Cape 48 160 C3 Cape 48 160 C4

How can I get only the 2 rows that differ by their names (that is, Berkshire and Cape)?? That is, some way to say: "no duplicates in name". e.g.:

name                             x           y

Berkshire 48 160 Cape 48 160

my query looks like this:
select nodes.name,x,y from nodes, nodecoordinates where mapview=2

any ideas?

Thanks!!

                                                            Matt