Oracle 7.1.6 to 8.0.5 enterprise edition on HP 10.2

From: Ram Chellappa <ram_at_ebizlab.usc.edu.nospam.noway>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 21:36:37 -0800

Hi,

Here's my problem. I have database in 7.1.6 that I want to export and then FTP and then
do an imp to 8.0.5. I would like to if I should do it as a sys, sytem or user ??

The user names are the same in both case (7.1.6 and 8.0.5) and so are the tablespace names.

I think I have pretty much tried all possible combos and I still end up not updating a
sequence.nextval (inside a procedure). Futher looks like all the integrity constraints of the tables
were not imported correctly.

The exp utility I used was from 7.1.6
The imp utility was in 8.0.5

Can someone PLEASE shed light on the options I should use for both ? And also why the sequences
are not updating, etc. ??

Thank you,

Ram. Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 23:36:37 CST