Re: Formerly WORKING database no longer working - HELP???????

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 02:30:16 GMT

Devinder Pal Singh <Devinder_Pal.Singh_at_pharma.novartis.com> wrote:

>Ever heard of bit decay

I decided you were right, and the necessary bits had decayed just a little too much!!!!!!!!

Actually, I tried a few simple things, and it just sat there like the feces it is...

So, I figured I'd re-install Oracle. Then I figured if I was going to go through the pain of installing this, I might as well get it over with and just install 8.0... So I did.

Problem mostly solved...

BUT - how do I get rid of services that I'm not using any more? Like now I have 2 TNS listeners, one from 8 and one from 7... How do I get rid of the old one? Same for the old startSID services and such? Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 20:30:16 CST