Distribute 32-bit SQL*Net

From: Murray Kaiser <mkaiser_at_pop.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 00:52:25 GMT

I wish to have my clients use 32 bit SQL*Net 2.3 but I cannot afford the time or money to travel to regional offices and install the software on every PC.

With the old 16-bit SQL*Net, I could do a "shared" install of SQL*Net on Novell fileservers and run SQL*Net from there. But now the 32-bit SQL*Net is not supported from shared disk installs.

Surley somebody has figured a way to deploy 32-bit SQL*Net without physically installing it on every PC in the company.

Any hints or suggestions are appreciated. Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 18:52:25 CST