Re: What's an Oracle DBA???

From: <deltondm_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 23:03:20 GMT

In article <19981104190140.00328.00000401_at_ng42.aol.com>,   powalker_at_aol.com (Powalker) wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Please don't get mad at me for the stupid question, I'm starting to learn to
> program in Visual Basic and I want to know what is an Oracle DBA.
> Is this a title for a programmer, can someone tell me what's the duties for an
> Oracle DBA.
>
> Thanks in advance

On Oracle DBA is much more than a programmer. That person is reponsible for all of the following:-
(1) designing the database, (2) tuning the database so that it performs at its best at the available resource, (3) putting in place the security check for the database, (4) putting in place backup and recovery procedures, (5) adding new tables or columns to the database