Re: How Do I compact Oracle Database ?

From: Dan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 13:39:49 -0800

> I 'm using Oracle 7.2, how do I free out the table space for the deleted
> records in the database ?

Oracle does this for you automatically as a background process. This is not some toy like Access.

If you want to recover space freed up by deletions from indices or remove tablespace fragmentation perform an export. Destroy the owner, recreate the owner, and reimport all objects.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 15:39:49 CST