Re: External procedures: copying files using kernel32.dll

From: Gerard M. Averill <gaverill_at_chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 98 19:03:11 GMT

In article <363FDA7D.64522B11_at_kw.igs.net>, glennh <glennh_at_kw.igs.net> wrote:

<snip>

>I figure others must have done this before. If anyone has suggestions
>on how to get this to work, I would appreciate them. A lot of this is
>guess work for me, so I have been fiddling around quite a bit: what is
>the difference between CopyFileW and CopyFileA, do the parameter sizes
>match, do I have to worry about the backslash as an escape character,
>is there more to the listener process, should I run as a procedure or as
>a function, ...)

In general *W routines are for wide character (Unicode) strings. I don't use Oracle 8 nor do I know if it supports wide character strings. You could try using the CopyFileA routine, which is intended for 7-bit ascii strings.

G.

Gerard M. Averill, Associate Researcher CHSRA, University of Wisconsin - Madison GAverill_at_chsra.wisc.edu Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 13:03:11 CST