Re: Performance Problems with Ora 7.33

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:25:23 -0600

I'd patch to 7.3.3.6 if you're not running OPS, 7.3.3.3 if you are.

Also, setting OPTIMIZER_GOAL=FIRST_ROWS in your session for testing and finally instance wide in the init file with OPTIMIZER_MODE=FIRST_ROWS, will minimize the use of HASH joins, which will minimize the potential of CBO choosing full table scans in error.

-Kevin

--

remove the x for an email reply