Re: Performance on 10.7 NCA

From: David Lord <lordd_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 12:36:12 -0500

I havn't seen your specific problems, but to improve performance (and reliabiliy) try:-

Moving the Applications Server to another HP Server. I know this is pretty expensive, but will give a massive performance benefit. BTW under NCA all SQL processing is handled in the middle tier, so increasing memory on the client is not going to have much of an effect on Applications performance.

With reference to the first two problems, you might want to try using the Oracle supplier browser rather than Netscape and see if these problems still happen. I think you'll find this more stable.

Regards.

PHILIPPE BRINDISI <pbrind_at_gaumont.com> wrote in article <71sgs4$71o$1_at_news.imaginet.fr>...
> I'have installed a 10.7NCA Oracle Applications version.
> I have only one HP9000 Server for Oracle Applications Products, database
and
> Web server.
> I've some PC with 32Mega of RAM and Pentium II.
> I use 10.7 NCA with Netscape 4.07
>
> I'have a lot of problem :
> 1/ lost of communication : Sometimes, I can work on my Oracle
> Applications Web page but I can't use Quick-Pick
> 2/ Change of Keyboard mapping : Sometimes the use of "Tab" is
changing
> in "CTRL/TAB"
> 3/ I have performance problems in usual use.
>
> I have better performance with positionning 128 Mega RAM on PC disk, but
not
> acceptable one.
>
> Can anybody help me about what I can do on my PC, on my serveur.
> Does anybody knows exactly the network consommation during the use of
Oracle