Re: ORA-01552

From: <holmesw_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 17:32:46 GMT

In article <36417631.B24E6B30_at_it-mannesmann.de>,   Torsten Kleinblotekamp <torsten.kleinblotekamp_at_it-mannesmann.de> wrote:
> We're using Oracle as database for SAP-R/3. During large updates we get
> the Error 1552, but we had an public rollbacksegment (initial 10MB, next
> 10MB, minextents 10, Maxextents 500MB). Why?

$ oerr ora 1552 01552, 00000, "cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace '%s'" // *Cause: Tried to use the system rollback segment for operations involving // non-system tablespace. If this is a clone database then this will // happen when attempting any data modification outside of the system // tablespace. Only the system rollback segment can be online in a // clone database. // *Action: Create one or more private/public segment(s), shutdown and then // startup again. May need to modify the INIT.ORA parameter // rollback_segments to acquire private rollback segment. If this is // a clone database being used for tablspace point in time recovery

Is this really the error message you are getting or is it ORA-01555?