Oracle Instances performance?

From: <drpaner_at_intrex.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 15:47:42 GMT

Good morning,

Is there a performance increase for using multiple Oracle database instances to house multiple schemas versus one Oracle instance for all schemas?

I have about 7 schemas running in one Oracle instance and find that everyone gets clobbered when one individual ties up the engine running major queries/updates against one schema.

I'm wondering if there is a noteable performance increase if I were to take the largest schemas and run them in their own Oracle instances rather than one instance.

Any assistance or insight is certainly appreciated! Daniel