Changing Character Sets During Oracle 7 to 8 Migration

From: S Green <twogreens_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 00:11:58 -0600

BACKGROUND:
I am following the Release 8.0 Migration booklet (A58243-01). On page 3-6, there is a brief section on character encoding. It says that you can change the character set during the migration.

THE GOAL:
We currently have a US7ASCII character set. We want a UTF8 character set. We want to change this during the migration.

THE QUESTION:
How can we accomplish this during the migration? I need to know the parameter to change, where and when to change it. ./mig seems to only take NLS_NCHAR as a parameter. We want to change the character set encoding for chars and varchar2s.

TIA, Scott Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 00:11:58 CST