Re: Database creation

From: <xsun1913_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:05:37 GMT

In article <71pplp$s0i$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   bindu999_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a doubt rgarding database creation. Currently we have a medium
> sized database(which according to Oracle 8 doucmentation allows 100 concurrent
> sessions). If we need to handle more than 100 sessions sometime in future
> can we extend the existing database to handle more sessions or do we need
> to recreate database .
> Pl. help,
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

 You don't have to re-create the database in order to increase # of concurrent sessions. You could edit the init<SID>.ora file to change the setting for SESSIONS parameter (the default value for this parameter is derived from PROCESSES), also look at ENQUEUE_RESOURCES and TRANSACTIONS. After the change, bring down and bring up your DB to make the new setting effective.

Xuening Sun