Dropping rollback segment

From: Zachary Agatstein <Zachary.Agatstein_at_atsc.allied.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:51:09 -0500

I needed to increase the size of my rollback segments, so I created new, larger ones, and then took offline the old ones, so I could drop them. One rollback segment remains "PENDING OFFLINE", caused probably by a user who did not complete his or her transaction.

Is there a way to force this transaction completed? There are a couple of usernames that nobody uses anymore, and the passwords are forgotten...

What happens to a pending transaction when the database instance is shut down? Will this action result in completion of all pending transactions?

Thanks

Zach Agatstein Received on Wed Nov 04 1998 - 09:51:09 CST