Re: Export on Oracle 8 Solaris, Import on Personal Oracle 8 Win95

From: <henryr1313_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 16:07:52 GMT

In article <36309028.54A7317C_at_earthling.net>,   Jeff <misnomer_at_earthling.net> wrote:
> I have a .dmp file created by exp80 under Solaris. Just installed
> Personal Oracle under Win95 and imp80 gives me all sorts of errors. Only
> about 3 tables imported out of 129. It seems as it it can't parse/read
> the .dmp file correcty. I've attached a small selection of the errors
> below.

ORACLE 8.0.4 export file will not import well into lower versions, such as Pers Ora 8.0.3 due to format changes, such as the CREATE TABLE ... ALTER TABLE that you noted.

If you can get IMP80.EXE on your PC communicating with O8 on the sun, then you can use that to create an importable export file.

        Henry