Remote access to 8.0.4 on NT

From: Don <dondealy_at_teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 15:32:10 GMT

Any suggestions on how we can do remote DB administration on an NT server running Oracle 8.0.4?

The development is on the physical server at the home office, but once this server gets put in Alaska, "being there" is out of the picture.

Phone connections seem to be somewhat subject to weather, so the "remote connection" solution needs to be pretty good at dealing with noisy lines.

Do we want to use the RAS facilities, or look at something like pcAnywhere/32 or what?

Are there options out there for doing DBA and SYSTEM work on a remote db, over the Internet?

Thx for your thoughts.

email: dondealy_at_teleport.com Received on Wed Nov 04 1998 - 09:32:10 CST