OAS Cartridge & MFC

From: Thomas Barry <tbarry_at_twocoast.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:03:13 -0500

Hi-

I'm trying to build a simple OAS Cartrige in the form of an MFC Dll. I'm a bit rusty on building Dll's and I hope that someone can help me out with this first compiliation hurdle:

My source looks like this:

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <afxdllx.h>

extern "C"
{
#ifndef ORATYPES_ORACLE
#include <oratypes.h>
#endif

#ifndef WRB_ORACLE
#include <wrb.h>
#endif

}

static AFX_EXTENSION_MODULE OASCartDLL = { NULL, NULL };

extern "C" int APIENTRY
DllMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, DWORD dwReason, LPVOID lpReserved) {

	// Remove this if you use lpReserved
	UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER(lpReserved);

	if (dwReason == DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH)
	{
		TRACE0("OASCART.DLL Initializing!\n");
		if (!AfxInitExtensionModule(OASCartDLL, hInstance))
			return 0;

		new CDynLinkLibrary(OASCartDLL);
	}
	else if (dwReason == DLL_PROCESS_DETACH)
	{
		TRACE0("OASCART.DLL Terminating!\n");
		AfxTermExtensionModule(OASCartDLL);
	}
	return 1;   // ok

}

extern "C" WRBReturnCode OASCart_Exec(void *WRBCtx, void *appCtx) {

	WRB_printf(WRBCtx, "Working.");
	return (WRBReturnCode)(WRB_DONE);

}

extern "C" WRBReturnCode OASCart_Entry(WRBCallbacks *WRBCalls) {

    WRBCalls->exec_WRBCallback = OASCart_Exec;     return (WRBReturnCode)(WRB_DONE);
}

I export the entry point OASCart_Entry, and OAS seems to be able to find it all right. However, it claims that OASCart_Entry does not return WRB_DONE. It says so in wrb.log:

11-04-98 07:42:40 0          renfield.twocoast.com `WRB App Engine`	330
0          0x400fff   `OWS-10005: Init callback or Entry Function does
not return WRB_DONE `

I think this has something to do with how the enum WRBReturnCode is defined (in callback.h). This thing won't compile unless I cast WRB_DONE to WRBReturnCode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas Barry Received on Wed Nov 04 1998 - 08:03:13 CST