Re: Help! 3rd party access control?

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 1998/11/03

Toad is now owned by Quest and though available for free download, has had a timebomb in it since October 2, 1998, I am told.

Geert Roelof van der Ploeg (grploeg_at_xs4all.nl) wrote:
: Hi,

: Some alternatives: SQL-Navigator from Quest (www.quests.com) and TOAD. The last
: one is a tool we use at Kluwer Academic Publishers. We were looking for a pl/sql
: integrated development environment, something like the ide of the BORLAND
: (INPRISE) tools. Then someone came accross toad. The tool is free, is great to
: use and it has administration possibilities too ! Check www.toadsoft.com. One of
: the greatest advantages is that u can mail the developer and send him your
: wishes. Second it's developed by someone who works with ORACLE and knows about
: the problems we all encounter while working with the product.

: Have a nice day and good luck choosing your tool !

: Patrick schreef:

: > We are currently looking at third party administrative tools also. We are
: > going to bring a number of Oracle-based applications online this year. The
: > best products we have found so far are from Platinum Technologies. The have
: > server based and client based DBA tools, sys admin tools and some
: > development tools. They do offer a single sign on package. Their web site
: > is located at www.platinum.com.
: >
: > The only drawback we have encountered so far is that their products are a
: > bit pricey. When we have talked to other companies that use Platinum tools,
: > we have been told you get what you pay for. In our case, it's going to be a
: > good investment.
: >
: > HTH
: > **********************
: > Patrick Meyer
: > GIS DBA
: > CIty of Columbus
: > **********************
: >
: > nathan lunn wrote in message <01bd3246$e1d0d0e0$30831cc4_at_nat.pix.za>...
: > >We have multiple machines running Oracle 7.2, will move to 7.3 in a year or
: > >so. Some inhouse code, some packages. Can anyone recommend any 3rd party
: > >products (or tell me where to look) that will help extend what the native
: > >Oracle offers or make it easier to administrate? Such things as row level
: > >control, and single sign on are sought.
: > >

: --
: Met vriendelijke groet,
: With friendly regards,