Index nearing maxextents

From: Steve Jaspar <sjaspar_at_sacbee.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:52:44 -0800

Greetings -

I have an index that is nearing its maxextents. I'm not sure which is the best way to handle this:

  1. export and re-import the table
  2. drop and re-create the index

I don't have the option of REBUILDing the index - we're running Oracle 7.1.xx and REBUILD is 7.3 and later.

On a related note, is there a simple way to see the structure of the index, i.e. which columns are being indexed, initial extent and next extents sizes, etc.?

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Steve J. Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 15:52:44 CST