Read only links to other databases

From: <aparansk_at_westernasset.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 18:17:48 GMT

We have two instance of Oracle databases running in our company. One is PRODUCTION and the other is DEVELOPMENT. The DEVELOPMENT database does not have the latest data which is in PRODUCTION.

I know that we can create a "link" between DEVELOPMENT and PRODUCTION in order to be able to SELECT from PRODUCTION and INSERT into DEVELOPMENT tables for the purpose of updating data in DEVELOPMENT.

Is there a way to make this link READ-ONLY so that developers in DEVELOPMENT cannot change anything in PRODUCTION? Are there other solution to allow developers to get the latest data from PRODUCTION, but not have any access to change the data?

Thanks.
-AP_

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 12:17:48 CST