How can avoid sort If I want to sort the way, let's say Germans expect the sort order?

From: Niklas Iveslatt <niklas_iveslatt_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:07:28 +0100

Hi,

The problem is I want to access and sort my data the following way:

COLUMN
(special language character)

(special language character)

and I want to avoid a sort for where clauses like

column >= :field
order by column;

index exists on column and I want Oracle to build it the same way as Germans would read the alphabet.

Can I do this and avoid a sort (index has to bew built this way) if I want to have a different sort order than US standard?

Thanks,

Niklas Iveslatt Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 12:07:28 CST