Re: Full Export Problem

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:56:07 GMT

Suggest following:

  Export 0- Full=y, rows=no::: Definition export of all database objects, but  No data. Can be used to recreate database Skeleton, users, tablespaces, etc. Export 1- Sys, System:: Usefule only if these id's have non data dictionary application tables. If they do, shame on you. Should only be used by Oracle internals. Export 2- Schema Set A Export 3- Schema Set b .....

We have been examining this type of scenario for our instances (we have 23, ranging from 50GB to 2TB). It may be usefule for i/o (idiot operator) errors like those who drop tables instead of truncateing them. If you are worried about PIT recovery, archive logging is better. Just get cold backups often. In article <Pine.OSF.3.95.981102130258.14634G-100000_at_gonzo.wolfenet.com>,   Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com> wrote: