Re: Multiple independent transaction handle by a stored procedure

From: Quinton McCombs <quintonm_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:35:20 GMT

You can't really have concurrent tranactions on the same connection. One trick that you could play is to use oracle pipe to communicate to another process. For example, you could have one stored procedure which would receive messages. It would log any error messages until it is sent some sort of termination message. Your other procedure would just send messages through the pipe and not need to commit them. When you process is complete, you can send another message to the other process that will cause it to terminate.

Next, you have to run both of them... Youcould submit both of them to the job queue for a one time execution. Just make sure that you have enough job queue process free to run both of them.