Removing control codes from user input

From: Patrick Messer <patrick.messer_at_unh.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:55:41 -0500

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows of an easy way to remove non-printable characters
from data input by users. I'm running Oracle version 7.3.4.

In the past I've had users paste binary data into a field which I have defined as a varchar2.
Upon occasion this causes problems when trying to view the data.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

pfm

--

Patrick F. Messer                                         pfm_at_sr.unh.edu
Research Computing Center                                   603-862-2889