Re: How to deploy a 24hrs , 7 days a week kind of database environment?

From: Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 19:34:16 +0800

Only one choice - on-line backup. Your archive log mode of your database instance should be turned on. Frequent backup is the most appropriate strategy for your 24-hour database. For example, you can backup your tablespaces which will be updated frequently in the morning, afternoon, and nighttime while once per week for static tablespaces. Be careful to the number of archive log files. Of course, you should also set up a testing database instance to test if all backup files get no error.

--
Best Regards,

Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Certified Oracle 7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 05:34:16 CST