Oracle on NT: Remote commands

From: Carsten Kristensen <Carsten.Kristensen_at_bitsoft.no>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:32:02 +0100

We will be running Oracle8 under NT 4.0 SP3, with Failsafe (on two servers, each running their own db). There will be a set of events every night, transfers in and out and also of course the backup. To ensure that all these events are properly coordinated with each other, I propose to start them from one central (unattended) script. I will then need some way of sending commands (doing remote commands) from one NT box to another.

I looked it up, and found rexec, rsh. Neither of them works, and I cannot find any reference to rexec services on NT - looks like these were made to execute remote commands on Unix and other systems. Any hints or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Carsten Kristensen
BITsoft as Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 03:32:02 CST