Re: svrmgrl error - ORA-1031 insufficient privileges

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:07:06 +0200

aartipatil_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <71lor5$fdo$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>> connect internal
>It asked me for the password
>> password:
>
>I entered the password for SYS and SYSTEM but it kept on giving me the
>following error message ORA-1031 Insufficient privileges

The INTERNAL user has SYS privs and access, but does not necessarily share the same password as SYS. SYS is an Oracle userid and it's password in stored in the database catalog/dictionary. If that becomes corrupt, how do you connect to your database to fix it? INTERNAL is a special userid not defined in any Oracle database. It's password is created using the program "orapwdXX" (where xx is the Oracle version number) and stored in an external file.

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 00:07:06 CST