Re: Rollback Segment Errors

From: Tommy <tcusan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 11:31:22 -0800

ORA-1595 occurs when used rollback segment that has optimal clause. May also receive ora-1551.

These errors can be safely ignored. The operation should succeed on later attempts.

SMON log file prints ignored errors encountered while shrinking rollback segments: ORA-1595 followed by one of ORA-(601, 1551, 1575). These are now suppressed in 7.3.4.

Workaround:

satar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> This is a bug that is fixed in 7.3.4. You can ignore the messages, it doesn't
> harm your database at all...However, you might want to search for SMON trace
> files that will take up space on your hard drive.
>
> Satar
>
> In article <71k102$2ls$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> townselk_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> > To all;
> >
> > For two weeks now, on a particular day and time, I have received the following
> > errors in my Alert Log:
> >
> > ORA-1595 and ORA-1551 - The text is as follows respectively, Cause: Some
> > error occurred while freeing inactive rollback segment extents.
> >
> > *Action: Investigate the accompanying error. (The accompanying error is ORA-
> > 1551). It reads, *Cause: Doing recursive extent of rollback segment, trapped
> > internally by the system. *Action: None.
> >
> > I've run a statement to determine if I'm having rollback contention and
> > according to guide, DBA Administration (Student Guide) pg 8-23, I'm not. SQL
> > statement looks at gets and waits from v$rollname and v$rollstat tables.
> >
> > Can anyone help me??
> >
> > Thanks

> > http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own
> >

> --
> Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
> Advanced Enterprise Solutions
> (949) 756-0588
> Oracle Re-Seller

Regards,

Tommy Cusan
MIS - DBA Tech. Support

Oracle Indonesia
Sentral Senayan I Office Tower, 9th Floor Jl. Asia Afrika no.8 - Jakarta 10270
Phone : (62 21) 572 3222
Fax : (62 21) 572 3350 / 60 Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 13:31:22 CST