Re: SYSDBA account

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 17:34:19 -0500

Hello:

    I'm not sure what you mean by a sysdba account. User SYSTEM is a dba, user SYS is god. If you use Svrmgr and connect internal you can startup and shutdown your database. With the enterprise edition you also got enterprise manager. You can use that or statements in Svrmgr to create a user and grant him many possible roles and permissions including the DBA role. Hope this helps.

Van