Re: Full Export Problem

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:08:11 -0800

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Mike Cahall wrote:

> Yes you can, but your point in time recovery will be different for each
> group of exported tables, plus if you export across your constraints and
> your constrained data has changed between the times of your exports, you
> could have a real mess. I would suggest that instead you do incremental
> exports for three groups at a time, while doing a full export of one group.
> Then you could rotate your full exports around and still be able to recover
> to the same point in time.

Point in time recovery (PITR) does not work with EXPORT, unless you meant the point in time that the table got exported! PITR works only with databases in ARCHIVELOG mode and backups of datafile images (hot or cold) or RMAN backups.

The incemental feature of EXP just backs up ALL of ANY table that got modified since the last incremental or full export. No roll forward to a point in time is possble with an export.

--
Jeremiah Wilton http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 15:08:11 CST