Re: Oracle DBA Certification?

From: Jeff Hahn <wuhan_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 14:53:56 -0400

Rick Stephenson wrote:

> Where is the best place to get trained to be an Oracle DBA and get certified
> as such? Are there recommended books?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Stephenson
> rick_at_byu.edu

There is a DBA Certification Guide, recently published. I'm taking CBT courses from Oracle Learning Architecture. Not as good as live class instruction, but not bad either. Additionally, since CBT's don't provide the "hands-on" exercises of the classroom, I joined the Oracle Technology Network as a paying member, which among other things, allows one to receive software, such as Oracle8. I can practice that. The best training of all, though, is practical experience.

Good luck!
Jeff Hahn Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 12:53:56 CST