PL/SQL function to create a table in alternate tablespace

From: Steve Keider <smk3_at_mead.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 19:19:14 GMT

Hi.

I am pretty new to Oracle and PL/SQL, and am having a hard time finding documentation with good examples.

  1. I would like to create a Procedure which drops a table in my warehouse tablespace and then recreates it from the source tables. I think the code should be something like this.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION create_whtable IS
BEGIN
  DROP TABLE FA_DBA.FARS;
  CREATE TABLE whtable TABLESPACE warehouse_data SELECT * FROM sourceview;
END;
/

2. I then would like to schedule this procedure to be run once a week using the DBMS_JOB package, but I have no idea how to use this package.

Any help would be much appreciated

TIA, Steve Keider Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 13:19:14 CST