Re: Any problems wth repeated pinning of a package?

From: Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 23:24:40 +0800

Oracle seems to use stack concept for memory usage. If there is anything not useful between the first and the second time you issue KEEP(). All these things are also pinned.
Therefore, Oracle recommends you should issue ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED POOL before you keep objects.

--
Best Regards,

Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Certified Oracle 7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 09:24:40 CST