Re: high sql performance

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:10:16 +0200

jlaroche_at_em.agr.ca wrote in message

>Check SQL-Optimizer at this address:
> http://www.sfi-software.com/

I prefer to KNOW what Oracle does, instead of a 3rd party product telling me what it thinks Oracle is doing...

The SQL optimiser and add-ons are supposedly good products, but I prefer to rather use plain ol' SQL and dig around with explain plans and v$ tables and ask questions to Oracle experts to find the cause performance problems. But then I've never been part of this microwave generation. Microwave dinners, microwave sex, microwave DBAs...

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 03:10:16 CST