Re: Optimal size for rollback segments

From: Lawrence <lsimela_at_mahalini.prestel.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 02:40:54 -0000

Now, my understanding is that rollback segments are always used in a round robin fashion irrespective of whether you have OPTIMAL set or not. OPTIMAL is used to ensure that the rollback segments do not extend to such a large size that we have too many old transactions.. It forces the segments to shrink themselves to the OPTIMAL size.. otherwise all the tablespace would be used by possibly one large transaction

Lawrence