Snapshots - when does a FAST require a COMPLETE?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2 Nov 1998 00:31:42 GMT

Hi,

We've recently taken our database offline for some backups and database reorganizations.

When the database came back on line, and after a full import of our old data, I noticed that our fast snapshots of a remote database were no longer valid - get a message saying that a fast refresh is not possible.

Changed the snapshots to complete, refreshed and changed back to fast and everything is now working OK.

So, what particular action was that it that made the snapshots require the complete refresh? e.g. shutdown, lack of comms betweeen the database, database reorganization, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Andy Received on Sun Nov 01 1998 - 18:31:42 CST