Re: Linux: Problem using sql*plus to talk to remote databases

From: A DiMeglio <dimeglio_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 23:10:30 -0500

Yo,

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but I just installed Oracle8 on linux and I CAN connect to external Oracle databases located on other servers on our Inter/Intranet using SQL*PLUS on the linux box. I do this by setting the TNSNAMES.ORA, the TNSNAV.ORA to be the same as the ones on the other system, then, I added what I needed to make it work with my local DB. So, I guess, it can be done. Look in "your oracle home"/Network/Admin.

I am using Net8 on a 7.3 database and, of course, my new Oracle8 on Linux database.

Oracle rules.

dimeglio_at_spam.sucks.videotron.ca <- remove spam.sucks