Re: log switch sequence

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 22:59:34 -0500

I think I have this figured out.. whenever you add a new log group, it becomes

the next in the sequence no matter where you were at to begin with. It has nothing
to do with the number. This seems odd to me, like you should be able to create
a group no matter which log your on, and for safety, probably on the opposite end of
the sequence, but if you have 3 log groups, and your number one is current, and you
create number four, your sequence will be 1,4,2,3...1,4,2,3... Anyone have any
thoughts? Also, I am away from my system this weekend, so I can't query the v$log etc.
but I tried this on Personal Oracle and got the result I just explained.