Re: Linux: Problem using sql*plus to talk to remote databases

From: Mourad Veeneman <mourad_at_speed.a2000.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 19:44:29 +0000

Rupa,

I've had exactly the same problem on my Linux box running SQL*Plus 8.0.5.0.0 connecting to a remote Oracle Server 7.3.2.3.0.
After reinstalling only the client,SQL*Net TCP/IP and SQL*Plus is miraculously worked! But as soon as I tried to install anything more it stopped working.
My guess is that there is a bug with the client trying to negotiate some advanced Oracle 8 features with an Oracle 7 Server. I'm sure other Linux users must have experienced the same.
I might be wrong ofcourse, but my Perl DBD-Oracle on Linux works fine now and I'm not touching it!

Cheers,

Mourad Received on Sat Oct 31 1998 - 13:44:29 CST