Re: Problem migrating 7.2.3 to 7.3.3

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_richard-schneider.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:12:58 +0100

Horace Chow wrote:

> Uwe,
>
> Try it :
>
> 1. shutdown the database with abort option.
> 2. Go to $ORACLE_HOME/dbs to check whether there is any
> 'sgadef$ORACLE_SID*' file. If you find one for your database, try to
> remove it manually.
> 3. Reboot the machine if possible
> 4. Restart the database again.
>
> Hope this can help you.
>
> Horace

Hi Horace,

thank you for your aif, but it won't help: There actually was a sgadef... file, which I removed. Afterwards I rebooted the server.
But the results remain the same.

Question: What is the role of the "compatibility" variable in the init...ora?

Deperately

Uwe Received on Sat Oct 31 1998 - 07:12:58 CST