Re: Oracle Server NT vs. Unix

From: Dan <greenlex_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:47:19 GMT

NT advantage: way easier to install, setup, administer, etc Unix advantage: way faster and more stable

I suck at Unix but I am trying very hard to like it-- its extremely primitive looking and cryptic and there are hundreds of commands to memorize. As far as intalling Oracle 7.3.2.3 on Unix, good luck-- I can't even get my TNS listener to work on Solaris (intel) version.