Re: Scheduling job at database startup. How?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:36:42 GMT

I've only just seen this thread, so someone may have come up with this before.

How about dispatching dbms_job with a job that runs once per hour (say). The procedure called should check how long the database has been up (v$instance) and run if the time is strictly less than an hour.

The overhead is the cost of dbms_job cycling, and the maximum delay after startup is one hour - however, if the database is shutdown for a while, I think dbms_job will cut in almost immediately after the next startup.

NB This is a just a thought, I haven't tried it myself

Jonathan Lewis. Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 13:36:42 CST