Oracle archiving media

From: <rad_at_earthling.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:42:16 GMT

Config:
HPUX 10.2 on T600
Oracle 7.3.4
DB size about 500GB (1TB expected w/in a year)

We are planning to turn on archiving on our warehouse server as we move to online backups but would rather archive direct to removeable media rather than to disk. We use DLT for backup for now but are not pleased with the reliability and would rather use more reliable media to archive to.

Suggestions? Optical? What is common in the datacenter for archiving a warehouse?