Re: How to restart database with corrupted datafile and recover it?

From: <xsun1913_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:47:59 GMT

In article <71c64u$nhu$1_at_newton2.pacific.net.sg>,   "hdrcms" <hdrcms_at_hk.super.net> wrote:
> A Oracle v7.0 server installed on Novell Netware platform.
>
> The database was down while updating one of the table. There is no backup.
> It was found that the datafile of one of the index is corrupted. We can
> only start the SQLDBA and connect internal but cannot 'startup'. The
> database cannot be started.
>
> How can I start it or what should I do to recover the datafile? Or is there
> any means to drop the index before startup?
>
> Rgds

Hi, I guess that your indexes have their own tablespace/datafile. What you can do is that start your DB mount only, then drop the index tablespace "including contents", then drop the datafile. Afterwards, re-create the datafile and the tablepsace (you might recover the datafile from a backup).

Xuening Sun